General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Our Polices – Your Rights
ADI Landscapes Ltd.
Company registered in England and Wales with the company Registration No. 11403888.
Registered business address is:
76a Ballingdon Street
For further information please contact:
Protecting your privacy
Rights under GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation expands your existing set of rights regarding your personal data. These include the ability to withdraw your consent, the right to correction, and the right to be forgotten.
What is personal data
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
In simple terms personal data is any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data includes information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
How we collect your data
Data is collected by us from you, by means of;
- Face to face conversation
- Phone Call
- Text Message
- Web page contact form
- Forms filled out on online local business directories
What data do we collect
Depending upon your use of our website and other means of contact, we may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Mobile and landline, personal and business phone numbers
- Email address
- Business name
- Information about your preferences and interests relating to our products and services
Why we collect your data
Data is collected and stored to enable ADI Landscapes Ltd to;
- Respond to your enquiries
- Raise quotations
- Carry out work for you
- Have relevant information if needed for any future warranty claims
- Have relevant information if needed for any future work we carry out
- Improve the quality of both our service and after service
How is your information stored
Your information may be stored in various locations depending on how we received the information from you
- Gmail account
- Business computers, with files encrypted with security passwords
- A client file, locked in a secure cupboard
How do we use your personal data
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. The lawful basis of our use of your personal data is ‘legitimate interest’ as it is reasonable to expect that you will be contacted about your enquiry having entered your details into an enquiry form. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Personalising and tailoring our products/services for you.
- Responding to enquiries.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, mail or telephone with information, news, and offers on our products/services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.
We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
When we may share your data
- Our policy is not to share your information unless absolutely necessary and only if it is in your absolute interest.
- Where necessary we may share your personal data with a third party such as a delivery company or subcontractor to enable us to carry out work which you have requested.
- In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
We always treat your data with the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it.
Under GDPR you have certain rights, which include:
- The right to obtain access to your personal data (what personal data of yours we hold)
- The right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where we are not otherwise entitled to retain and process such data and there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- The right to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. (Further information is available upon request)
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, where relevant
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us for details of how an application may be made.
The cookie setting on this website is set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie setting then you are consenting to this. Please refer to the senate Cookies policy page.
Photographs do not generally fall under the control of GDPR, but we still treat images appropriately, with the greatest of respect and take reasonable steps to ensure these cannot be misused.
- Photographs may be taken of work carried out by us for you, and may include images of your property. These may then be shared onto social media or onto our website www.adilandscapes.co.uk .
- Any photographs stored on our business computer files will be protected by use of encrypted security passwords.
Important Note regarding data processing in connection with Google Analytics™
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files saved on the site visitor’s computer, to help the website analyze their use of the site. The information generated by the cookie (including the truncated ip address) about the use of the website will normally be transmitted to and stored by Google.
Google Analytics is used exclusively with the extension "_anonymizeIp ()" on this website. This extension ensures an anonymization of the IP address by truncation and excludes a direct personal reference. Via this extension Google truncates the site visitor’s IP address within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The IP address, that is provided by the site visitor’s browser in using Google Analytics will not be merged by Google with other data from Google.
On behalf of Jimdo and the site operator, Google will use the information collected to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other website and internet related services to Jimdo and the site operator (Art. 6 (1)( f) GDPR). The legitimate interest in data processing lies in the optimization of this website, the analysis of the use of the website and the adaptation of the content, which is made possible by the provision of the Jimdo statistics function. The interests of the users are adequately protected by the pseudonymization of their data.
Google LLC has certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and thereby provides a guarantee to comply with European data protection law. The data sent and linked to the Google Analytics cookies, e.g. user IDs or advertising IDs will be automatically deleted after 50 months. The deletion of data whose retention period has been reached is carried out automatically, once a month.
The website visitor can prevent data collection via Google Analytics on this website by clicking here. An "Opt-out Cookie" shall then be applied which shall prevent any future collection of the site visitors data when visiting this website.
According to the relevant legislation and the GDPR, site visitors have certain rights in relation to their personal data processed via this Google Analytics data processing system. In particular, they have a right to access, rectification, data portability and/ or deletion of their data. The site visitor also has the right to object to certain processing of their data. In order to exercise these rights in relation to the data processing via Google Analytics on this website, a data subject (site visitor) can contact Jimdo (Jimdo GmbH) [email protected] or the owner of this website at any time.
Notwithstanding the above ADI Landscapes ltd. will not store, pass on/sell to 3rd parties or use any of your data other than to respond to your email, message, letter or telephone call and provide you with the service that you instruct us to do. We physically can't. We have nowhere to store it. We don't even have a server database to store it. So even if Alan Tichmarsh or Monty Don asked nicely to see your data, we wouldn't have anything to show them. What data we do have to store to contact you and to provide you with our services we keep securely.